Sunday, August 16th, 2020 message from Dr. Rojas:
Greetings Columbus Eagles!
Welcome back to our 2020-21 School Year! Information continues to flow in rapidly each day, so get ready for mid-week updates if necessary until we get the year flowing.
TK/Kinder Packet Pick-Up Parade! (TK/Kinder Only)
We are so excited to have you as part of our Columbus community! We will be having a special TK/Kinder Columbus Orientation and Pick-up Parade for our incoming TK and Kinder families on Monday, August 17th from 10:00am-*11:00am. (*New time!)
- This is a chance for the children to see the school and where their classrooms are and will be when they return to in-person learning. It is nice for them to have a visual of the school and how it looks.
- You will meet your teacher and pick up your materials.
- Take a picture with your teacher if you’d like!
Join me on Tuesday, August 18th at 10am for our first Virtual Coffee with the Principal!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 218 287 7736
Find your local number: https://glendaleusd.
- We have been busy assembling student bags with instructional materials (i.e., workbooks, supplies, etc.) needed for distance learning that will be distributed on Wednesday, August 19th and Thursday, Aug. 20th from 11:00-3:00.
- Enter through the Milford gate
- Masks are required.
- Materials will be outside of your teacher’s room (we will be here to help!)
- We will have grades 1-3 pick up materials from 11:00-1:30 and grades 4-5 from 1:30-3:00 each day. (If you have multiple children spanning the grades, please feel free to collect all the materials at one time.) If you are unable to pick up materials during your assigned time, you may come during the other time slot.
- Fun Photos! If you want to take a picture of your child(ren), there will be different points around campus available for a photo!
- Please email us any of your fun photos so that we can put them on our website! Only email them if you are comfortable with your child’s image posted online.
- If you did not sign up and receive a Chromebook and/or wi-fi hotspot through the GUSD survey, but need to, call the GUSD Chromebook Tech Support Line: (818) 478-2664. You will be able to pick up any necessary devices at the District Offices.
- GUSD and Columbus teachers will be providing information and support to make sure students are accessing their teacher’s Google Classroom, Clever, and applications that will be used for distance learning.
2020-21 Online Student Information Update
- Make sure all of your contact information is up to date before school begins on August 19! Log in to our Parent Connection Portal at gusd.net
- Update student and parent contact information
- Update emergency contacts
- Electronically sign Parent/Student Handbook forms
- Complete your financial aid/benefit information
- How do I complete my Student Information Update online?
- Visit our Parent Connection portal at gusd.net
- Log in using your PIN # and password
- Click “Annual Student Information Update” in the top right corner
- Update your student and parent/guardian information for each section (note: each parent/guardian will need to update their information using their individual PIN/password)
Are You in Need of Support? We are here for you!
Families who are in need of support can reach out to:
- Columbus Elementary (818) 242-7722:
or the GUSD Office of Student Wellness Services (818) 241-3111
Have a wonderful last few days of vacation! I will see some of you tomorrow, and the rest of you this week!
~ Dr. Rojas